Dedicated Legal Advocates at Your Service
Melvin D. Williamson, Esq., CPA
I’ve focused my practice on the areas of business law, estate planning, and probate since 1990. In addition to my 38 years of business and legal experience, I’m a certified public accountant (CPA) as well as a certified specialist in estate planning and probate law as designated by the South Carolina Supreme Court.
With an extensive background in both accounting and law, I have the education and training to offer you a unique perspective when handling the financial future of your family or business.
Over the years, I’ve learned that the best legal service relies on close, personal contact with clients. I’m easily accessible, and my office is easy to contact. My clients know that when they have financial and legal concerns, they can bring their problems to me, work out a solution, and let me do the rest.
- Born and raised in Walterboro, SC
- Graduated from Walterboro High School in 1976
- Attended The Citadel on an academic and baseball scholarship and graduated in 1980 with a degree in business administration
- After graduation from The Citadel, earned the designation of Certified Public Accountant while working in public accounting in Walterboro for 7 years
- Obtained law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1990 and named to Order of Wig and Robe for academic achievement
- Worked for the McNair Law Firm, PA in Columbia, SC before moving to Summerville in 1997
- In 1982, married Debbie Smoak, also a Walterboro native, and have 2 adult children, Grant and Ashby
About Grant Grant A. Williamson, Esq.
- Born in Columbia, SC, and raised in Summerville, SC
- Graduated from Summerville High School in 2009
- Attended The Citadel and graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in business administration, and a minor in law and legal studies in 2013
- Obtained degree of Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2016
- Admitted to the South Carolina Bar in 2016
- In 2017, married Kathryn Lester and currently live in Charleston, SC
Business Formation, Sales, and Acquisitions
Trust and Estate Planning